- Meet Echo Dot - Our most popular smart speaker with a fabric design. It is our most compact smart speaker that fits perfectly into small spaces.
- Improved speaker quality - Better speaker quality than Echo Dot Gen 2 for richer and louder sound. Pair with a second Echo Dot for stereo sound.
- Ready to help - Ask Alexa to play music, answer questions, read the news, check the weather, set alarms, control compatible smart home devices, and more.
- Voice control your smart home - Turn on lights, adjust thermostats, lock doors, and more with compatible connected devices. Create routines to start and end your day.
- Connect with others - Call almost anyone hands-free. Instantly drop in on other rooms in your home or make an announcement to every room with a compatible Echo device.
- Alexa has skills - With tens of thousands of skills and counting, Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new skills like tracking fitness, playing games, and more.
The gen 3 has really improved from the gen 2. Very nice piece. I really like the fact that you can use it to detect glass breaking and/or smoke detectors going off inside your home. It will send you a sound clip to your phone which you can then "drop in" and listen directly too. This is a fantastic feature, especially with pets at home.Has some good weight too it. Much heavier than gen 2. I feel the speakers inside are much better. Also looks much better than the gen 2.
Okay, you have , you need Alexa. So many uses for these. You can use these for anything from checking the time to controlling everything in your home to listening to music to arming your home security system and MUCH, MUCH MORE. You can set your level of trust with this device and tailor settings to your tastes and needs. Sound quality is pretty good and functionality is AMAZING. Once you buy one and start using it you will find yourself buying 2,3,4 more. We have one in almost every room in our house and one in the garage. These are the potato chips of the electronics world... One is NEVER enough!
I got this echo for 99 cents with the month of prime music bundle. I did not enjoy prime music that much. My phone, or cellular service, or whatever it was has trouble connecting to music apps and only connects sometimes, and the selection was not very good. The echo however is great for setting alarms and setting timers or maybe just asking it to tell you the news or anything specific that you want to know. I find most use with it for just setting timers for when I boil a big pot of water to make tea. I use it as an alarm clock. I am working on making the garage I rent a smart garage with a smart light so I can set the whole room to look blue all day long, or maybe red or something. This alexa is purportedly great for syncing with smart bulbs. Five stars, I have not yet figured out how to do calls on it yet, but I will when I decide to. If you liked this review please give it a thumbs up, I have no incentive to leave reviews I just want to help the community and I like writing and would like to be in top 500 reviewers
I love using my Echo Dot to turn on & off my bedroom lamps! I recently installed a ceiling fan and asked the electrician to add a second wall switch for easily turning on bedroom nightstand lamps. The estimate was high and would involve several holes cut into my walls. Instead, I decided to get a smart plug and an Echo Dot... what a great solution that was!!! Now I turn my lights on & off via voice command! Way easier than a wall switch! And I can set an alarm, check the weather, interact with my smart TV & search for TV shows all with voice commands and great sound quality. I love it!
I bought the 4th gen echo dot and returned them because 3rd gen is so much better in sound quality and design. I tested them side by side for comparison. 3rd gen has a fuller sound quality and louder sound. Moreover, the voice recognition is the same as the newer gen. The design is better and the charger matches with the product, unlike 4th gen.I would recommend buying 3rd gen over 4th gen.